Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday (8)


Happy Tuesday! Today I've decided to participate in Top Ten Tuesday, formerly hosted by Jamie at The Broke and the Bookish, now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.

Today's topic is: 

Characters I liked That Were In Non-Favorite/Disliked Books

Warrior Witch  (The Malediction Trilogy, #3)

Tristan from Warrior Witch -- Tristan was a wonderful hero. Warrior Witch was an awful conclusion novel.

Just Friends

Chance from Just Friends -- Chance was a sweetheart! Jenny was loca.

Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, #3)

Daniel from Strange and Ever After -- ahhh, Daniel. Sooz did you dirty and I'm sorry.

Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)

Derek from Wild Cards -- he wasn't the bad boy the author was trying to make him out to be! This was a good thing. The rest of the book was painful to read.

Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3)

Aric from Dead of Winter -- Aric was the only reason why I continued reading the series. But I stopped after this book. Love triangle? No thank you!

Thirteen Rising (Zodiac, #4)

Hysan from Thirteen Rising -- Hysan was cool. Rho was so irritating, I would probably smack her in real life.

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)

Jules from Three Dark Crowns -- I HATED this book, but I adored Jules. She was easily the best character of the book, and deserved better on all fronts.

26 Kisses

Killian from 26 Kisses -- Killian was so sweet! The heroine was not.

Persuasion (The Heirs of Watson Island, #2)

Eight from Persuasion -- I liked Eight a lot. Barrie, on the other hand, was full of drama.

Underworld (Abandon, #2)

John from Underworld - older hero in YA! So cool and he was awesome! But the heroine was so juvenile, I wanted to scream.


Note how most of my choices were male, and in most of those cases, I loved the male protagonist and hated the female protagonist. Gotta love when that happens... it happens so often in YA. :/

14 comments:

  1. Seeing a few to many favorite books here! Lol! Though I must say I am more Team Aric than Jack in the Arcana Chronicles! Sadly the love triangle is still ever present even two books later! I've never been more conflicted in such a triangle...even if I do favor Aric more!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an fun post :) We normally dislike a book for its characters so it would've been hard for us to do this. Funnily enough, we want to read Three Dark Crowns, but now we're not too sure anymore.

    ~ Luna & Saturn @ Pendragons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read any of these. When I think about how I'd answer this list, I realize that I tend to have the same heroine type issues. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I hate it when one or the other main characters is just not likable at all but the other one is very likable. I just read an ARC like that Rules of Rebellion. Loved Leo but really didn't like Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Aric which is why I'm afraid to read after book 2. I want no love triangle and that series just seems to go on and on.

    I never read Warrior Witch, I guess it's for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, sometimes in YA, it really is 'the guy's awesome and the girl is annoying.' That needs to stop! Thanks for sharing. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter and I once read a series of books where in the first book we just wanted the main character to DIE... I think it was a great series because we got so engrossed in it!! I read to be entertained so I laugh, I cry and i rant LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules from three Dark Crowns might be one of my favorite characters from that series. Love her, and her cat too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jules is a great character and her story is so tragic.

    I haven't read most of the books on this list but some are definitely on my TBR.

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the same issue with most YA novels, that I like the male character but hate the female one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agree 100% with on on Warrior Witch being a horrible conclusion novel. Probably one of the biggest downers in the history of endings! Unfortunately, it soured me on all the characters afterwards :(

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of these, but I love the idea of good characters stuck in books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am an Eight fan too, but I Barrie was ok for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, awesome list Alyssa :D Thank you for sharing about all of these. <3 I'm still upset that you did not like Three Dark Crowns, haha :) But yessss for loving Jules. <3 She was the best. Sigh. And oh gosh. Warrior Witch. I am SO glad that I never read book one, haha. After I heard all of these spoilers.. yeah. I'm staying far away from these books :p Such an awesome post sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!